Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Chunky Monkey

So I made homemade chunky monkey ice cream last night!  It turned out deliciously, but the best part was the mini waffle cones that I made on the waffle iron to put on top!   

You can find the recipe for the waffle cones here!  I used a waffle iron (since pizzelle irons are hard to come by) and then finished them off on a hot grill pressed with a heavy pot to add crispiness.










Homemade Chunky Monkey Ice Cream

Put all of the following into an ice cream maker:

1 quart whole milk
1cup + 1T sugar
1 t banana extract

After the ice cream has a thick consistency add:
1 banana (sliced)
1 bar of chocolate (or chocolate chips)

I like to then freeze my ice cream a bit more than just using the machine.  Then eat!

PS~ Using local milk is the best!



Followers