Monday, September 10, 2012

1st Day of Kindergarten




Today is Fender's first day of Kindergarten and boy is he excited!  We have met his teacher, taken a tour of the school and now it is time for me to let go of his hand as he walks towards his classroom alone...

I wanted to start the tradition of 1st day of school photos to watch him grow and mature each year.  There are so many cute ways to capture this moment, but he really liked the idea of a chalkboard.  And with so much paint left over from last year's project, I decided to make my own!
 

 I started with a piece of plywood that I had dC rough up the edges on, chalkboard paint, and an art sponge.
 
 

Then I taped off a boarder with painters tape and with my trusty chalkboard paint and sponge set to painting in the chalkboard.  It was really hot outside so the paint dried quickly - within an hour it was done!  I think it turmed out pretty cute, but even cuter is his face in these photos!!!

 
 
 

What he wants to be when he grows up: "A guy who drives the fire truck"
What he is most excited about in Kindergarten: "The computers"
What he wanted in his lunch: "A peanut butter and jelly sandwich"

Followers