Thursday, October 6, 2011

Fall Decor



Now that it is raining and getting chillier every day I didn't feel so bad getting outside and putting up my Fall decorations that I recently made.  I usually just hang a wreath from my door but I saw these two crafts in a magazine and couldn't resist making them!


The first is a set of twine balls that I made by wrapping twine around balloons and coating them in polyurethane until they hardened.  I would really love to cut back even more of the climbing tree in front of our house, but a cute little family of birds has a nest up there that they come back to every year in the spring...so I worked around it!


The second craft from the magazine is a dowel wreath.  It's not that interesting, but I love wreaths and I really wanted a new one for this fall.  2" dowels are really hard to come by, so I ordered it online and was surprised that this entire project only cost $8!  Yay frugal me!  The hardest part was cutting the dowel into 36 pieces ranging from 1/2" to 1 1/2"...thankfully dC cut all the pieces, the kids sanded (most of) the pieces and all I had to do was glue and stain it!

Followers