Sunday, September 22, 2013

Star Wars in September - Dath Vader Bedspread

When Fender told me he wanted a Star Wars room the first thing we did was look for a bedspread.  The bed is such a major focal point in a kid's room that it is the easiest thing to change.  As we shopped around for bedspreads we found a lot of ugly Star Wars ones out there.  They were also pretty pricey, so I bought Fender a plain bedspread and did my own Darth Vader version!

 
I used my new favorite technique for simple fabric applique just like I did on Fender's Boba Fett bag.
 
 

Besides the one on the pillow case, I also added one at the foot of his bed.  And since his bedspread is reversible, I can flip it over, fold it back and have it two different ways.
But Fender likes it all black.  He says he likes it on the "dark side." 
Click on the picture above to see how I made the Darth Vader mini-figure jar topper!
Who knew Darth Vader could be so snugly!
 
 
 
I'm linking to:
 
 
 

Followers