Sunday, September 15, 2013

Star Wars in September-Boba Fett Bag

This is one of the smaller projects I've done in Fender's room to make it more Star Warsy (that's a word I promise!).


Boba Fett is one of the more obscure characters in Star Wars and only has a few lines in the last two movies, but his bounty hunting armor is so recognizable - especially his helmet.  I wanted to jazz up Fender's room with his image so I put it on a toy bag!

When you buy a new set of sheets, they often come in a cloth drawstring bag.  Fender always steals them and fills them with whatever he's playing with that day, so I stole it back and put Boba Fett on it.

Here's how I did it:



I printed out an image of Boba Fett and traced it onto the paper side of some double-sided iron-on interfacing.

Iron the fabric onto the other side of the interfacing using a towel or pillow case as a barrier between the paper and the iron.

Then cut out the image and carefully peel off the interfacing paper.


Place the image on the bag with the interfacing side down.  Using your iron on the lowest steam setting and a wet barrier (I usually wet down a pillow case), hold the iron on the image for 15 seconds. I do it in sections until the whole image has been appliqued.


Let it cool and your Boba Fett bag is ready to rock!
 
 
Perfect for carrying your extra light saber!

Followers