Sunday, September 1, 2013

Star Wars in September - Yoda sign

As Fender is heading into 1st grade, I really wanted to update his bedroom.  Until now it has been a hodgepodge of Cars and jungle animals leftover from his baby days.  We were looking at this blog here and he fell in love with the idea of a Star Wars themed bedroom (and so did I to be honest!) 
We've been working on our own little projects here and there ever since!

Over the next 4 Sundays in September, I am going to share our Star Wars themed projects as we transform his bedroom! 
 
Let's start it off with none other than Yoda.
 


 
I started with a piece of particle board that I had gotten some time ago at Home Depot for another project that never panned out.  After protecting the floor, I brushed a thin layer of white paint over the entire surface of the board. 
 

 
The particle board is like a sponge, but I actually like the way the paint dried thicker in some spots and thinner in others.
 
 
Next I cut out an image of Yoda and covered the back of him with double sided tape so that I could trace his silhouette onto the board.
 
 
 
 
Then of course I painted his image green
 
 
I chose my favorite Yoda quote and stenciled the words onto the board.
I filled in each letter with a grey sharpie.
 
 
Here's the finished project!  I can't wait to show you how it looks in his room...but that will be for another Sunday!  See you then!
 
I'm linking to:

Followers